Press Releases
At least 4,000 poor students to benefit from DOLE SPES this summer

This summer, at least 4,184 youth in the region will be hired under the Special Program for the Employment of Students, the Department of Labor and Employment-Regional Office 1 today announced. 

DOLE-RO 1 Regional Director Nathaniel V. Lacambra said local government units, government agencies, educational institutions and private companies have pledged to employ in-school and out-of-school youth for a period of 30 days as aligned with the program’s goal of assisting poor but deserving students complete their education through their employment during summer and/or Christmas vacations. 

He said the amount of P14,478,000 has been allocated for the agency’s 40 percent share in the SPES workers’ salaries.  The remaining 60 percent will be provided by the participating employers. 

The targeted number of beneficiaries is distributed among the regional office’s six field offices as follows: Ilocos Norte-485; Ilocos Sur-724; La Union-578; Western Pangasinan-853; Central Pangasinan-750, and Eastern Pangasinan-794.  

“Engaging student-workers in actual work will help them discover and enhance their skills and strengths, including their weaknesses.  Eventually, they will be more mentally, emotionally and physically ready for future employment,” Director Lacambra said.    

 

Last year, the SPES was able to assist 6,097 youth in the region. END/Arly Sta. Ana-Valdez

[Back]
[Print]
2017-03-21
RD Nat V. Lacambra
Sumangbay kayo! Because we want to serve you better, we have built our new home in the Information Superhighway.
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.